Gary Valmain is considered by many to be the foremost expert on desktop computers in Montgomery County, Texas. His company, Computerwurks, has been helping businesses and individuals with desktop computer support since 1999. In this podcast episode, Gary shares his tips for keeping your personal computer safe and running smoothly.
Show 35 Quick Guide
- The average person should hire a professional to set up their new Windows 8 computer.
- Internet Explorer has serious security flaws.
- Chrome is becoming too bloated and Firefox may become the go to browser.
- How to keep my computer safe on the internet?
- Gary explains malware, spyware, viruses and worms in very layman’s terms.
- The first line of defense in protecting a computer is the user.
- Free anti-virus and anti-spyware software top suggestions.
- Cloud computing is an old concept that has been reinvented.
- There is a whole lotta money in writing computer viruses.
- Tips for contracting the best computer desktop support and repair service provider for small businesses without an internal IT department.
Connect with Gary Valmain
- Website: http://computerwurx.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gvalmain
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/computerwurx
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/computerwurx
- Apply for your FREE ticket to the Houston Master Relationship Marketing Seminar April 17-18, 2015
- Security Now Podcast
- Edit Windows 8 Settings
- Chrome Browser
- Firefox Browser
- Malware Bytes Anti-spyware Software
- Avast Free Anti-virus Software
- Spybot Anti-spyware Software
- Super Anti-Spyware Software
- Chromebook (affiliate link)
- Fallen Hero Memorial Chest Fund
Ways to Subscribe to Gratitude Geek
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- You can also subscribe via PlayerFM