The other day, I received this very flattering email from a woman just starting her breast cancer adventure:
“I’ve considered various ways to share my journey and would like some support getting a blog site started. Do you have any tips?”
Why, yes! Yes, I do! Write from the heart, and then step inside Seth Godin’s head.
Seth Godin is a marketing genius. He has shared his genius in 18 wildly success books on the subject.
He also shares his genius freely on his blog, which you can find by clicking on the image of his head when you visit his website.
In fact, you do not need to read any of his books to learn everything you need to know about marketing. Just click on his head and read his blog!
Blogging Lessons from Seth Godin
In true Seth Godin fashion:
- Pictures are over-rated. Seth rarely uses images in his posts.
- Short and sweet is neat. Often, his posts include just one sentence.
- Promote your own stuff. The sidebar of Seth’s blog has images of his books.
- Make it easy for your readers to share your posts. Seth has share bar under each post.
- Offer free email updates. Seth uses an RSS feed to deliver his content straight to his readers email.
Ready to share your journey with the world? Seth Godin’s list of 56 ways to get traffic for your blog will help you pave the path.