Erica Courtenay-Mann | 30 Women Who Mean Business Series
Erica Courtenay-Mann, aka Efabulous, is a social media marketing professional with a flare for fabulous. Her company, TalkativeMedia, offers graphic design (for logo, Facebook pages, Twitter backgrounds, e-flyers and social media ads), website design, Social Media account management, content curation, e-mail campaigns and full-service branding campaigns.
Describe your business.
I love to “talk people up”. I use my divine gift of being a cheerleader to help entrepreneurs tell the world about their business / brand.
How did you get started in your business?
Whilst I was pregnant, I realized that I was going to leave the world of CLO (collateralized loan obligations) and I was going to leave corporate trust banking. I needed a new skill set where I could leverage my technical skills and love of everything social. I began to study the algorithms and trends in Social Media… and thus it became my passion.
What was the biggest hurdle you had to overcome in your business?
My biggest hurdle (which still exists) is having people marginalize my expertise in the social media field because American women of African descent are not prevalent in the field. There are always a few clients that initially feel my skill set is of no value, until they see my other clients who have sung my praises. I consider it fuel to keep educating myself and keep providing superlative service.
Top 3 books for personal and business growth?
- The Art of War – Sun Tzu (affiliate link)
- Unlimited Power – Anthony Robbins
- The Bible – A lot of guys who followed Jesus (LOL!)
What does gratitude mean to you?
To me gratitude is being thankful for small mercies. Gratitude is giving thanks and appreciating what you have in the NOW. Gratitude is the gateway to happiness.Gratitude is the gateway to happiness. @TalkativeMedia Click To Tweet
Who do you appreciate? Why?
I appreciate my Godmother (affectionately called my aunt) Marie Maye. She loved me as her own after my mother died. My Aunt Marie always believed in me and always allowed me to soar above the clouds. Even now, today, she is my rock and my personal cheerleader. She is the one person that “claps when I WIN”.
Connect with Erica Courtenay-Mann
- Website: http://www.TalkativeMedia.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TalkativeMedia
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TalkativeMedia
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/talkativemedia
- Blog: http://talkyouup.tumblr.com/
- About: https://about.me/talkativemedia
More from Gratitude Geek
- Get Paid to Be Nice Sending Cards and Gifts.
- Listen to Gratitude Geek Podcast episodes.
- Follow Battling Bertha where Kandas shares her breast cancer journey.
- Look for Relationship Marketing Tips of the Day at the bottom of select blog posts.