Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. What better day to show the one’s you love just how much you care.
You do not have to be in a romantic relationship to express love on Valentine’s Day. Kids, parents, friends (especially your single friends) all appreciate feeling appreciated. So why not shower them with love and kindness on the days leading up to February 14th?
February is About More than Love
If you really aren’t into that sappy love stuff, there are plenty of other opportunities to show appreciation in February. My husband is not into sappy, so I no longer expect flowers, or even acknowledgement of the holiday on Valentine’s Day. He shows his love everyday through small gestures.
February Holidays 2016
- February in National Weddings Month
- February 1 is National Freedom Day in honor of the signing of the 13th constitutional amendment outlawing slavery in the United States.
- February 2 in Ground Hog Day
- February 4 is Rosa Parks Day
- February 5 is National Wear Red Day to raise awareness of heart disease in women.
- February 7 is Send a Card to A Friend Day
- February 8 is Chinese New Years
- February 9 is Mardi Gras
- February 11 is Make a Friend Day
- February 14 is Valentine’s Day
- February 15 is President’s Day
- February 15 is Susan B Anthony’s Birthday
- February 17 is Random Acts of Kindness Day
- February 20 is Love Your Pet Day
- February 22 is Be Humble Day
- February 29 is Leap Day