I have had a box of radiation creams on my desk, waiting for me to film this second video, for 6 months. Yes, 6 months.
Radiation Therapy is tough, and I am still feeling the effects months later. The main culprit is fatigue. I seem to have more ambition than energy. Also, I still have fluid in my breast that was evident on my CT scan after surgery. My blood work is within the “fine” range though my white blood cell count has been consistently low for several months. Just not low enough to cause alarm for the oncologist. I do have a PET scan scheduled this week.
All that aside, I filmed this video today to share my experience with different radiation relief creams:
CAUTION: Do not use any product on your breast or armpit in the three hours prior to your radiation therapy. The radiation could react with the cream and that’s not good. Also, you should not shave your armpits until you have completed all your treatments.
- Regenecare Wound Gel with Lidocaine (affiliate link)
- RadiaPlex RX Wound Gel with Hyaluronic Acid (affiliate link)
- Udderly Smooth (affiliate link)
- Silvadene Topical (Prescription Only)
- Rodan + Fields Soothe Moisture Replenishing Cream from Tracye Cantrall, Independent Distributor. Incidentally, Tracye is a ten-year breast cancer survivor who recently climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro. Groovy, eh?
- Cassia Aromatics Frankincense Essential Oil and Lavender Essential Oil