Terri Ellis | 30 Women Who Mean Business Series
Terri Ellis owns Pillow Talk with Terri in Houston, Texas.
Describe your business (work, passion) in 3 to 5 sentences.
I educate and empower men and women in their relationships! Helping people to understand their bodies so they have a healthier and more fulfilling love life is my goal as a Passion Parties Consultant. Helping others is definitely my passion and I get to do it while partying and having a blast!!
How did you get started in your business?
I originally joined Passion Parties for the discount, but quickly realized I would love to get out to meet new people and share my knowledge with others to hopefully impact some lives in the process…so here I am!
What was the biggest hurdle you had to overcome in your business?
Anxiety about approaching others to ask them to book parties has been a huge hurdle for me. I have a huge fear of rejection and I’m definitely a work in progress!
How has this hurdle made you better?
It has forced me to get outside of my comfort zone. Every time I do it, it gets a little easier…and getting a ‘no’ never has hurt me so I just continue to push myself!
Top 3 books for personal and business growth?
- The Practical Dreamer’s Handbook by Paul and Sarah Edwards (affiliate link)
- Begin with Yes: A short conversation that will change your life forever by Paul S. Boynton
- Winning Through Intimidation: How to Be the Victor, Not the Victim, in Business and in Life by Robert Ringer
What does gratitude mean to you?
Gratitude means being thankful and appreciative of everything I do have and everything I’ve accomplished!
Who do you appreciate? Why?
I appreciate my husband for all his support and encouragement!
Follow Terri Ellis
- Website: http://pillowtalkwithterri.com
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/PillowTalkWithTerri
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/pillowtalkterri
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/pillowtalkwithterri